Organize it Thursdays- Icecream Baskets

It's another edition of Organize it Thursdays!  I have to admit, this is one of my very favorite recycled projects for organizing in the Kitchen.  These "ice cream bucket" baskets have served me well and keep things tidy in the Pantry.  LOVE!

Well Hello! Hello!  I wanted to show you all a quick and easy organizing basket you can make in just a few minutes.  I introduced these "baskets" this last week when I revealed the up-cycled pantry makeover.  I wanted some baskets to organize my paper goods, but instead of buying them, I decided to make them from something we love here in Lewisville.

First, this is how they turned out.


They look great in my pantry and people have no idea they came from these....many, many, of these.






 Is it obvious how much we LOVE ice cream here?  As I was making these, one of my daughters looked at me puzzled and asked, "We eat that much ice cream?"   Ummm, ya, "YOU guys" ....(and I, admittedly).....eat this much ice cream.  We can't help it.  Our bodies crave the creamy goodness. 

But back to the project.  Here's what you'll need.  I saved my plastic ice cream tubs, thoroughly cleaned them, and wrapped them in Jute twine that I picked up at Home Depot.


 I pulled off the handles because I knew I wouldn't need them.


Stick that twine up where the handle used to be and hot glue the first few inches as you wrap it around the tub.

Now just wrap the twin around the tub.  You don't have to hot glue each piece, but make sure to wrap the twine tight and push it together (up toward the top in my case).


As you come to the end of the tub, you'll have to get that hot glue gun out again.  Glue the last few lines to the tub as needed, then just cut off the excess.


 I love the way they turned out, but the ink on the inside does show through- fyi.  I decided to just use them for organizing and storing my paper goods, so it really doesn't matter to me.  Other than that, they're a great storage solution.


I added my own home made labels, and they do indeed look great in the pantry.  What do you think.



All my containers in the pantry have been transformed like these ice cream "baskets".    To see how I did that, click HERE. 


That's it!  Simple. Easy. Beautifully Organized. 
Hope you enjoyed today's project.  I'm off to buy some more cookies and cream!

Blessings,
Lisa

I link all my projects with some wonderful blogs.  To visit them, go to the {Link Party Love} page found at the top of this page on the {Home} bar.
Also linking to:
Between Naps on the Porch
Savvy Southern Style

No Minimalist Here
The Shabby Creek Cottage

Saved by Love Creations 
Miss Mustard Seed

Funky Junk Interiors
Coastal Charm 

Restore Interiors
Tip 
Junkie

Comments