The Up-cycled Pantry Makeover!

Here it is....The pantry is finally made over!  (At least half of it is) and it looks Be-Ute-Ta-FULL!  Isn't that a weird word to describe a pantry?  But I think it fits.  You be the judge.



 The best part of this pantry makeover is that (mostly) everything your see here is up-cycled.  That means many of my organizing containers were headed for the trash, but I re-purposed them instead.  That makes the cost for this pantry makeover less than....wait for it...$10!




So here's what it looked like before.  Don't you just LOVE before pictures.  They really shows how far a project has gone.

See, I have open bags everywhere and things were pretty disorganized.


 I started by buying these little shelf racks/organizers at the Dollar Tree.  I bought a total of 5. These little babies save you tons of space. 

 Instead of having open bags of flour and sugar and everything else, I decided I wanted containers for everything.  The problem is containers can be quite expensive. 


 I decided to start re-purposing some Almond containers.  You can read about how I did that HERE.

We obviously eat a lot of almonds.

 The only thing I bought new for this pantry is the white lid cereal container from Wal-mart.  The other cereal containers and the basket came from thrift stores a while back.

And here is my baking section. I'll post more about how I organized my baking "tools" later. 

These containers used to be Christmas cookie tins.  I always get a few of these over the holidays, and instead of throwing them away, I decided to re-purpose them to look like this.  You can read about that transformation HERE.

I made all my labels using Picmonkey and, yes, I'll provide a link for you all to download them this next week. 


 Do you like my baskets?  You will never-ever believe what I used to make them, but you'll have to wait until this weekend when I post about them.   Muahaha...my evil plan to have you come back.


 I love the way they turned out.
*UPDATE*  Click HERE to read about how I made my "baskets".

And I love the way my pantry has turned out!  It's organized, beautiful, and best of all, didn't cost me much since I up-cycled!  I'm telling you, that's the way to go!

 Honestly, it took me a few months to collect my containers, but the transformation is well worth the wait!


So what do you think? 

Was it worth the wait?  I think so!  Oh ya!
 Hope you enjoyed today's post, and I hope you found some inspiration for your own makeovers!  Have a great day, friends!

*UPDATE*
Here is the link for the labels:
http://lewisvillelove.blogspot.com/2013/02/pantry-labels-just-for-you.html

Also:  if I were to do this again, I would use a clear finish spray paint to keep the silver paint from chipping.  It's been almost a year since I've done this project and I need to re-spray some of my most used canisters. 


Blessings,
Lisa



I link all my projects with some wonderful blogs.  To visit them, go to the {Link Party Love} page found at the top of this page on the {Home} bar.
Also linking to:
Between Naps on the Porch
Savvy Southern Style

No Minimalist Here
The Shabby Creek Cottage

Saved by Love Creations 
Miss Mustard Seed

Funky Junk Interiors
Coastal Charm 

Restore Interiors
Tip 
Junkie

Comments

  1. It looks gorgeous, Lisa! Mine needs a serious makeover. Imagine your before picture times 10, maybe 20. It's bad. But, I am inspired by yours. I think we need to start buying some almonds. ;-) Great job. Thanks so much for sharing!
    Blessings,
    Nici

    ReplyDelete
  2. You rock!!! And, I was saving those containers for my husband to use to sort his nails and such, because I thought it was such a shame to toss them. Now, I'm about to use some of them the way you have to do the same thing!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. They're great containers. Makes organizing so much easier.
      Blessings,
      Lisa

      Delete
  3. That turned out amazing! Maybe we should eat more almonds :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. We eat one of those containers a week. We're addicted.

      Delete
  4. In your own words: Be-UTE-a-Full!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Lisa, It looks fabulous. I love your idea for recycling those plastic containers. It looks so organized & happy!

    Warmly, Michelle
    Faith, Trust & Pixie Dust

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks, Michelle. It feels so good to have this area organized. I love seeing it everyday.
      Blessings,
      Lisa

      Delete
  6. It looks fantastic! Wanna come over and do mine?! Visiting from the Sunday Showcase... Rhonda @home.made.

    ReplyDelete
  7. I'm so impressed. When I saw that after picture, I had no idea you had recycled containers...it looks like you bought it all new for the job. So impressive!!! I'm going to be a new follower to see the rest of your ideas!

    Bobi
    http://westernwarmth.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  8. So clever!! It turned out so great. I'm in the process of making over my pantry too and you've given me some great ideas :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. yeah! I'm glad you found some ideas here. Be blessed!

      Delete
  9. Love it! I like how you used items you already had. Very clever. Your pantry looks Be-Ute-Ta-FULL! ;)

    Thank you for giving us some great ideas. One day I will get to my pantry. :(

    Julie

    ReplyDelete
  10. Fabulous! Absolutely love how you used things that would've been thrown out. And I already am guessing what you used for your "baskets" and it's genius! :) Nice to have found you through Met. Monday-
    Jami

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. So were you right, Jami? Did you guess ice cream tubs/buckets for my pantry baskets?

      Delete
  11. labels make everything happy:) great work

    ReplyDelete
  12. very impressive! My pantry is on my to do list for January, I have done a little but I sure love your look of similar containers. Your string wrapping is brilliant and I love your labels. I read a tip from a professional organizer and she said its all able labeling! Great job,
    Jenna

    ReplyDelete
  13. This is really nice! We are in the middle of a kitchen remodel which means a chance to get our pantry in decent shape, too, so I'll be pinning this on my Pretty Pantries board for ideas. Found you via Tutorials & Tips.

    ReplyDelete
  14. Oh, my gracious! I'm in love with this pantry. And I love Almonds too! Instant best friends!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. My hubby is the almond eater, but I gladly oblige him!

      Delete
  15. Looks great! You are tempting me to create something like this in my house....=)

    ReplyDelete
  16. Looks fantastic! Such great repurposing and I love your labels and font.

    ReplyDelete
  17. Ha! I've been hoarding our cashew containers to use for organizing my craft room. My husband keeps looking at them and threatening to throw them away. lol These totally justify my hoarding issue.

    Aloha,
    Charlie

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Aloha, Charlie! Keep those containers. I threw so many away and now I wish I had kept every single one.

      Delete
  18. Beautiful! I know what I'm going to be doing with my almond containers. Thanks for sharing

    ReplyDelete
  19. Lisa,
    Thank you for sharing your thrifty ideas here at my NTT party...your pantry looks GREAT!!

    Blessings,
    Linda

    ReplyDelete
  20. So pretty and organized. I love that you recycled jars and the labels are BEAUTIFUL!!! Thanks for sharing at Simple & Sweet Fridays!
    Have a wonderful week!

    Jody

    ReplyDelete
  21. Your pantry looks wonderful! A lightbulb went off when you said you made your tags on picmonkey! Thanks so much! Hope you come and visit me~ I've subscribed to your blog on my RSS feeder!

    http://cottagesweetcottage.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks, Lil. I will head on over to cottage sweet cottage. Love supporting other bloggers!

      Delete
  22. This looks fantastic! You'd never know what the original containers were!

    ReplyDelete
  23. I think it looks fantastic! So chic and organized. I can't wait to see what you did with those baskets ;)

    ReplyDelete
  24. beautiful! I adore a well organized pantry space.

    ReplyDelete
  25. Looks great! Loved your upcycle projects! I've been working on my pantry but suffered from major sticker shock when I saw how expensive containers were!

    Thanks for sharing your fabulous ideas!

    ReplyDelete
  26. These look great! I definitely need to grab some of these ideas for my pantry! It's the most disorganized room in my house right now ;) Have a great week ;)

    ReplyDelete
  27. Wow! I would have never thought about spray painting lids! It looks amazing and organized! Julia @ www.juliakendrick.com

    ReplyDelete
  28. I am labeling things in my kitchen right now too. Your pantry is looking good. I am hosting a new link party, you should stop by and check it out.

    http://www.ifitsnotbaroquedesignblog.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  29. You did a great job, I love it so when can I expect you at my house? I'll make you cookies! andi

    ReplyDelete
  30. wow, this really is beautiful! love your so cute tags! now, will you come to my house and organize MY pantry!

    ReplyDelete
  31. Just by painting those lids silver, makes the canisters look expensive! What an awesome idea! It turned out great!
    I just started a new link party and would love if you would come on over and share your post or social media sites. http://designeddecor.com/talkin-about-thursday-link-party-5/
    DeDe@DesignedDecor

    ReplyDelete
  32. Very pretty... great inspiration! Little Bit from www.DecorateWithaLittleBit.com

    ReplyDelete
  33. Stopping by from Tatertots & Jello. I love your pantry makeover! What a great way to repurpose containers and make them look beautiful. Thanks for sharing.

    ReplyDelete
  34. Totally amazed... thats all i have to say. amazed... and pinning!!

    ReplyDelete
  35. what a lovely pantry makeover it looks fantastic! I've been sorting out my kitchen cupboards too but they don't look anywhere as good as yours.

    come follow my blog if you get a chance

    leigh

    http://www.thesewingdivaandherreluctantmodels.blogspot.co.uk/

    ReplyDelete
  36. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  37. That looks awesoem. I can't believe that those almond jars look so upscale with just a simple cote of paint. GENIUS!! I am totally inspired.

    ReplyDelete
  38. Looks great, Lisa! Definitely inspiring! We need to build a pantry first. lol But I loooove your pretty, clever and affordable organization! Great job!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks, Roeshel! And thanks for the pinning. I was blessed to see that from one of my favorite blogs!

      Delete
  39. Ingenious! I'm so impressed with the jute-covered ice cream containers & the painted plastic cookie tins -- I have some of both of those containers. I have up cycled the nut containers, but for those who don't eat quite that many (me), Walmart has an almost identical container that is less than $2.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Good to know about those Walmart containers. Thanks, Carol.

      Delete
  40. Lisa, Congrats! Just wanted you to know you've been featured at Simple & Sweet Fridays. Thanks for sharing!

    Jody

    ReplyDelete
  41. I LOVE this pantry makeover. My favorite part is how you upcycled the almond containers. Brilliance!

    Missy Inspired
    http://missyinspired.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  42. I love the ideas and how they turned out to be. Very beautiful and inspiring. Love it !

    ReplyDelete
  43. Love the ideas. They turned out beautifully great!

    ReplyDelete
  44. This is so amazing. I LOVE the containers. Oh man. I'm so jealous. I have to clean my pantry out today and I'm so wishing I had something like this I could do. I'm excited to know a great cheaper way to do it though! Thanks for the wonderful tips.

    ReplyDelete
  45. I LOVE LOVE LOVE it!! I'm searching your blog for the labels!
    I think I'll go for a "walk" on recycle day to look for canisters!! LOL

    Lori @ JasmineBrook

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment