A Little Fall Inspiration

Hello again friends!  Last week we were blasting the one window air conditioner in the house for a little reprieve from the 100 degree weather.  This week, it's a different story.  We've had rain for the last two days and pulling out the sweaters.  I prefer the cold weather, thus why I LOVE living in the Denver area.  I haven't been able to get into the fall décor mood though.  The warmer temps don't facilitate an "Autumn is Here" mindset.  With the rain,  I'm drinking tea in the afternoons and now thinking about fall.  In fact, I just saw today that some of the leaves in my back yard are starting to change color.  Welcome Fall!

I was looking around Pinterest to see what everyone has been up too when it come to fall decorating.  Wow, there are some talented and crafty people out there.  In light of all the fall fun, I decided to show you some of my fall décor from last year.  Every project was put together for under $10, some of them, well under that amount.  Hope you find some inspiration today.

Here is my Fall Mantel from last year.  I called it Rustic Sophistication and I think it's by far my favorite of my mantel décor attempts. 



My silver pumpkins were spray painted and brought the exact look I was trying to achieve.


Here's a Fall door wreath I put together last year.  It was made from a few Dollar Tree items and some sticks I gathered from my back yard.  Easy but I think I'll be doing something very different this year.  We'll see what I come up with?


I also put together a little table scape for my church's Thanksgiving potluck.  This is what I came up with for each banquet table.  Everything came from the Dollar Tree and the pumpkins were spray painted again, this time in white. 


I decided in the end, to go with the burlap wrapped candles for the food tables.  They were a hit.  To read about this Fall project, you can go HERE.


For my own table scape at home, I came up with this.  It was my $9 make over. 


To catch all the details of this project, you can go HERE.


So have you set out any Fall décor yet?  Me either, but I'm getting close(r) to pulling out my bins from the garage.  Baby steps.

Blessings,
Lisa

I link all my projects with some wonderful blogs.  To visit them, go to the {Link Party Love} page found at the top of this page on the {Home} bar.
Also linking to:
Between Naps on the Porch
Savvy Southern Style

No Minimalist Here
The Shabby Creek Cottage

Miss Mustard Seed

Funky Junk Interiors
Coastal Charm 
 
Fluster Buster
Posed Perfection

Comments

  1. Love your fall mantel and those burlap wrapped candles....I am also trying to do a little at a time but it's mainly because I have a tendency to rush thru and wind up not liking it and re-doing things LOL....so I am trying to take my time to see if I'll still tweak it after.... LOL

    Those acorns around the candles are perfect!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I have just gotten started with fall decor. I know what you mean about it being to hot, but it could still be hot here in Dallas next month too, so I thought I would just pretend it is fall inside. I just found your blog on French Country Cottage. Would love for you to stop by my blog sometime.
    Patty at Home and Lifestyle Design

    ReplyDelete
  3. Love all you showed today, even if it's last years, can inspire us to get a start. The burlap wrapped candles are great. Good old burlap. Get the burlap ribbons at HL 1/2 off every other week.
    Oh boy your side of the mtns. is sure getting it this year, how awful for so many people. Hope you live far away from where all the flooding is.
    Been watching the news for Grand Junction, seems there is some flooding here also in lower lying areas in town. We live out about 18 miles or so from G.J. and we live on top of a small hill, thank heavens. Our bottom part of yard is a mud bog and we live in a mfg. home that is raised so I'm feeling a little safer. Never take things being better than somebody else for granted.
    I'll be looking forward to what you do for your Fall decorating. I can't get down to shed (also raised) to find any of my Fall decorations. Somebody I know that lives in our house put them who knows where in our very messy full shed last Fall, eeeekkkkk. Can't find my candle box either. Have lots of good stuff out there but who knows if I'll find it at all this year. I've been making some things so maybe will have to make do with those. Not going to spend money for stuff I know I have. If I do buy anything it'll be at $tree. Hang in there, keep your self afloat. Happy weekend

    ReplyDelete
  4. These are some really cute ideas. I wasn't planning to do much decorating, but I just may have to break out some of these ideas.

    ReplyDelete
  5. The silver pumpkins really caught my eye! I bought a can of the metallic spray paint but can't remember now what for. Now I can paint some pumpkins!

    Thanks for sharing your lovely autumn displays!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Very nice! I wish Fall would reach us here in Houston, too. The heat is getting a little old. I love your table set up and rustic sophistication. -Tabitha

    ReplyDelete
  7. I love all of these! I just redid my pine cone wreath for fall (blog post to come) and I bought pumpkins at Hobby Lobby over the weekend that I have some fun plans for.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Your mantle is beautiful. I stated on the outside of my house and am looking for inspiration for inside this week. Thanks for the ideas.
    Sarah
    Creative Ramblings

    ReplyDelete
  9. The mantel is great I love the silver pumpkins I will have to try that.
    Denise

    ReplyDelete
  10. I love your decor. I painted some pumpkins too, I think yours in silver look fabulous. Great ideas. Thanks so much for linking to Inspire Me. Hugs, Marty

    ReplyDelete
  11. Love these ideas, thanks for sharing! If you get the chance, I'd love for you to come share this idea at Tell Me Tuesday: http://www.aromaofhim.com/2013/09/tell-me-tuesday.html

    Have a great week!
    Alicia

    ReplyDelete
  12. You were the post with the most last week so you're being featured tonight on the Korner! :) Love the spray painted pumpkins!

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment