Fall Table for under $10

Have you heard?  It's FALL!  I don't think the weather knows that quite yet. We're still experiencing some pretty warm weather here in Colorado, but Fall is coming...so I've been told.  I know pretty soon here we'll be getting that crisp fall air; the leaves will be turning bright orange, and the ovens will be turned on for pumpkin bread, pumpkin muffins, and my favorite- pumpkin pie!  I can't wait!  

I'm getting ready for fall this week starting with my dining table.  I took a trip over to the Dollar Tree to see if I could get a few things and make a table centerpiece and "tablescape" for under $10.  I like challenging myself like that, but I also want it to look good, not cheap.  You know what I mean, right? Anyway, I think I pulled it off, and I did it for a total of $9!  What do you think?





So here's what I bought at the Dollar Tree.

I bought a few extra leaves and fall ribbon for another project.  You'll see that soon too, but the table decor only includes the pumpkins, candles, glass candle holders, fall leaves, and the brown table runner.  It's a total of $9 and some change.  The rest of my decor pieces I already had at home.  Collectively, they make a beautiful and inexpensive fall table.


I started with the candles, which by the way, smell good.  I'm picky when it comes to fragrance, but these candles are a hit with everyone here in Lewisville.  Of course, I had to add my own little decorating signature to the candles, so I looked around and came up with this.


We always have popcorn here in Lewisville.  We're a little old school and actually pop it rather than use the microwave, so popcorn kernals are a plenty in the pantry.  I made split pea soup last weak on an off cold day, so after seeing them on the counter, I threw those in too.  I think this is my favorite piece from the entire table.


Granny Smith apples are my son's favorite, so we always have some around.  The little weaved plate they're on came from the Dollar Tree a few months ago when I bought some sea shells.  I knew keeping it would come in handy somewhere down the road!  The bottle in the background is an olive oil bottle we used up last month (from Sprouts if you want to know).  I liked the look of the bottle and decided to keep it for something down the road too.  They're holding a bouquet of flowers my husband brought home for me a few days ago..just because.  He's great like that!


I love these glittery pumpkins.  I decided to put them up on iron candle sticks I already had to add height to my centerpiece.  I think I'm going to go back and buy a few more of these pumpkins.  The wire leaves also have a little glitter on them. You can see I like the "blingy" look.

 The placemats and deep red napkins are many years old, but they still work just fine for us.  The espresso brown table runner that the centerpiece sits on completes my look.  And that's it!


For $9, I absolutely love it!


I refuse to decorate outside my budget, but I don't want to compromise beauty for my cheapness either.  I love finding the deals and putting my style together like this.  Work with what you have at home and add a little to make it pop!

Hope you enjoyed!  
Blessings,
Lisa
I link all my projects with some wonderful blogs.  To visit them, go to the {Link Party Love} page found at the top of this page on the {Home} bar.
Also linking to:
Between Naps on the Porch
Savvy Southern Style

No Minimalist Here
The Shabby Creek Cottage

Saved by Love Creations 
Miss Mustard See

Funky Junk Interiors
Coastal Charm 

Restore Interiors
Tip 
Junkie
The Lettered Cottage

Comments

  1. I love the Dollar Store! It's where I get things for my home as well as the displays I do for my son's school. The peas and kernels--brilliant idea! :-)

    ReplyDelete
  2. This is beautiful, Lisa--I love the pumpkins on the candle stands, and the brown table runner is so pretty!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Such great ideas! I love the Dollar Tree! I love the idea of a $10 challenge.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Such a pretty setting! I would love for you to share this post and any other Fall related post you have, at this week's It's Fall Y'all ~ Linky Party. Hope to see you there!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks, Jamie and thank you for the invite! I'll be sure to link up!

      Delete
  5. Very pretty colors. This just goes to show that the Dollar Stores have wonderful items. Great job!

    ReplyDelete
  6. No one would ever believe you only spent nine dollars! I love turning dollar store finds into something special. I liked your idea with the popcorn and split peas.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Very nice! Next week I am going to work on our patio table and Dollar Tree is my first stop (:

    ReplyDelete
  8. It looks nice! I love that its fall rather than Halloween so it can last more than a month or so. Thanks for sharing :)

    ReplyDelete
  9. This is so cute. I love what you did. I have a link party on Wednesdays, and I would love it if you would link this and any other posts. It is called Wednesdays Adorned From Above Link Party. It runs from Wednesday to Sundays.
    http://www.adornedfromabove.com/2012/09/natural-coconut-bubble-bath-and.html
    I hope to see you there. I am following you on pinterest, and I would love for your to follow me also. Have a great Day.
    Debi Bolocofsky
    Adorned From Above
    www.adornedfromabove.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Debi. I'll be sure to stop on by and follow too.
      Blessings.

      Delete
  10. This really turned out nice! I love how you used the popcorn and dried peas. Thanks for sharing this.

    ReplyDelete
  11. A rating of ten for the ten dollar tablescape! Very creative and colorful!

    ReplyDelete
  12. Looks beautiful! Thanks for linking up to our Pretty Things Party. Hope to see you back next week!

    ReplyDelete
  13. Pretty! I love what you did with the candle holders (peas and corn kernels)

    ReplyDelete
  14. Your tablescape really looks good, very creative on $10, pretty and colorful! Thanks for sharing your inspiration with Sunday’s Best – you helped make the party a success!

    ReplyDelete
  15. I agree 100% - work with what you have!
    That makes it fun and challenging!
    Looks like you are all ready for the season!
    Thanks for linking up this week!
    Stacey of Embracing Change

    ReplyDelete
  16. Beautiful and very much the autumn spirit. Love the popcorn and split peas, too.

    ReplyDelete
  17. Love this, especially the candles in the jars-so fun! I'm your newest follower, and I'd love you to visit and if you enjoy my blog, follow me back :)
    Susan

    ReplyDelete
  18. Love your ideas! Great idea for candle filler. I am your newest follower! Come on over and visit. I am having a giveaway for ETSY.
    Lory
    The Robin’s Nest

    Fun for First

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment