A Fall Wreath and a B-I-G announcement

It's simple but I like it. 


I've been adding little touches of fall all around the house.  Better late than never, right?  The fall mantel is done, the fall table setting is set, and yesterday I finished my fall door wreath.


The wreath itself was just $1 at the Dollar Tree.  I've been changing it up for all the different seasons for the past year.  Here's what it looked like yesterday for spring/summer season.


I love all the bright colors, but it was time to get into the fall spirit.  So off came the spring décor and on came the fall touches- burlap, twine, and spray painted harvest vegetables.  These are all items I already had stored away, so my wreath didn't cost a dime! 

I started with these small plastic fall vegetables that come in packs of five at the Dollar Tree.   I bought them last year and just spray painted them white.  You can read about that transformation and project HERE.  They needed a little extra something this year, so I just hot glued twine to give it a more unique look.
 

I just LOVE how they came out!


The wreath is wrapped in burlap and I simply hot glued my harvest veggies onto it.


I added a burlap bow and more twine.  You can never have enough twine.

I also constructed this little twine flower at the last minute.  I made loops and hot glued them (and my fingers) together.  A swirl of twine right in the middle of it finishes it off nicely.  Small touches like this makes a big differences. 

The whole wreath took me about an hour to do, but I really, really needed the distraction yesterday.  That's where this announcement comes in. Ahem.

I've been a little stressed lately.  We are moving.  A new house; a new city and I can't tell you any details because I don't even know the details-yet.  We opted to end our lease from this beautiful house 45 days ago.  We've been here for two years since our big move from California.  We love this house, but our desire is to find a home closer to our church which is 40 minutes away.  I can't lie.  There are parts of me that wishes we could just stay.  The rent is great, the neighborhood is amazing, but as Mr. Lewisville reminds me so gently, "We're not here for a house".  We moved to start this church, and it's going well- except for the fact that we live so far away.  So I've been searching for a "3bdrm/2bth/pets ok" home in our price range in an area that's a lot more expensive and apparently doesn't care for house pets!  That's been my full time job lately, just in case you've been wondering where I've been.  So there you have it.  We have two more weeks until we move, and I'm driving out to look at 2-3 places a week right now.  I know something will come up, and it will be perfect for us as a family, and Lewisville Love will continue with all new projects and rooms to decorate.  I'm looking forward to that, strange as that may sound.

So the wreath was a distraction from searching craigslist, trulia, and Zillow.  Crafty distractions are a blessing these days. 

Today, as I look at these pictures, I realize I could have added pine cones.  I have plenty of those around, but what's done is done (like this lease) and I must move on.  Maybe next year I'll add the pinecones.

So, what do you think of this burlap and twine wreath?

Hope you are having fun decorating for fall.  I'll keep you all updated on our move!

Blessings,
Lisa

I link all my projects with some wonderful blogs.  To visit them, go to the {Link Party Love} page found at the top of this page on the {Home} bar.
Also linking to:
Between Naps on the Porch
Savvy Southern Style

No Minimalist Here
The Shabby Creek Cottage

Miss Mustard Seed
Funky Junk Interiors
Coastal Charm 
Common Ground
 Home Stories A-Z
Remodelaholic
Fluster Buster
Posed Perfection
Dwellings 
 
 


 
 
 
 
 

Comments

  1. As someone who worked and served in a church almost every Sunday that was 30 minutes away, I completely understand the need to move. Good for you for taking some time out to craft and de-stress! Good luck on the house hunt. :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Super cute wreath! Love the contrast of white and jute. I feel for you on the house search...I've hung out with zillow a few times and its so not fun! Hope you find the perfect place!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hi from England, saw your gorgeous wreath on Our delightful home and came by to take a closer look! Very pretty - wish we could get those white pumpkins over here - will have to paint mine! Good luck! Lisa @ Vintage Celebrations

    ReplyDelete
  4. Beautiful job! I'm hosting a fall wreath giveaway that you should enter! http://homecomingmn.blogspot.com/2013/10/a-fall-wreath-giveaway.html

    ReplyDelete
  5. Very creative and fun! Love the Beachy look. Come link up to Centerpiece Wednesday linky party and share this post with us. http://thestylesisters.blogspot.com/2013/10/centerpiece-wednesday-link-up-party-98.html
    Karin

    ReplyDelete
  6. I really like the white and texture from the burlap. good luck on your new move!

    ReplyDelete
  7. I love, love, love the twine on the pumpkins and the wreath is fabulous. Thanks tons for linking to Inspire Me. Hugs, Marty

    ReplyDelete
  8. Very cute, creative wreath! Many blessings to you that all goes smooth and you find a perfect new home soon! Visiting from Open House Blog Party!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Beautiful wreath! Good luck with your move... we moved 6 times the first 2 years we were married, and I know it can be stressful! God is amazing, though, and always has perfect timing. He already knows the place you'll be moving to and has it all under control! Can't wait to see where you end up!

    ~Abby =)

    ReplyDelete
  10. Very pretty, Lisa! The white with burlap and twine are a pretty combination. The way you wrapped the pumpkins in twine adds so much interest! You know what else would work on this wreath? White tallow berries. Good luck with your move. Catherine

    ReplyDelete
  11. Good luck with the move! Love both the Fall and the Spring wreaths! If you have time, would love you to link up to our Snickerdoodle Sunday link party - theme is Fall this week - open Sat 8pm ET - Mon 8am ET. Thanks!

    ReplyDelete
  12. Super cute wreath! I'm featuring your wreath in this week's Power of Paint Party!

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment