Free Valentines Banner

I FINALLY decorated my mantle for Valentines day.   Last weekend, I took a little trip to the Dollar Tree, picked up a few items, and allowed the inspiration to flow.  As my usual, I spend as little as possible, $5 in this case, and use what I have on hand.  For this Valentines mantle, I decided to make a banner....and you can print it out for your own mantle for FREE! 


Here's what I picked up at the Dollar Tree.  It's stickers, felt hearts, and 3 bunches of roses. I really wasn't sure what I was going to do with any of it, but I knew it would come to me...eventually.


I made the banner on Saturday; in fact, I made two.  I'm saving the other one for next year- maybe.  I've always wanted a banner like this and now since we moved, this is the perfect fireplace mantle for it. 

I didn't want all the "fluffy" Valentines quotes that we usually see.  Those quotes don't do much for me.  Instead, I wanted the true meaning for why we celebrate LOVE, and where better to define and characterize love than in I Corinthians 13- also known as the love chapter.


So my banner has the characteristics of love according to the verses in I Cor. 13:4-8.  I simply cut them out with those fancy craft scissors and taped them onto a string.  How much more simple is that?


My valentines mantle is simple, not fluffy, but it's sincerely decorated with LOVE for my lovebugs! 


So here is the fruit of my labor...for you!  Right click, then click save as in your pictures, and print it out on a publisher type program. 

String them up, tape them around the house, and just smile as you're putting them up for your loved ones.


My family by the way, loves the mantle and the "love" banner.  Each one of the hearts are a great reminder for all of us to show love toward one another.


Enjoy!  And many blessings to you all this Valentines.

"Love is patient and is kind, love does not envy, love does not parade itself, is not puffed up; does not behave rudely, does not seek its own, is not provoked, thinks no evil; does not rejoice in iniquity, but rejoices in the truth; bears all things, believes all things, hopes all things, endures all things.  Love never fails."  I Corinthians 13:4-8
 
Blessings,
Lisa

Comments