Framed Faux Chalkboard

Well hello there everyone!  We are exactly one week away from celebrating Christmas!  Are you ready?  Me too either!  The house is decorated, the tree is lit, the cookies are baked, and the Christmas meal is ready to be cooked.  What's missing?  The gifts.  Not all are wrapped.  Not all are purchased, but we'll get it done. 


Today, I wanted to show you a simple way to create your own framed chalkboard.  I've been seeing so much chalkboard this year and everyone is taking it into the holiday season.  It's cute and very practical.  I made this for $1!


You can buy chalk paint and paint just about anything to give you a chalk board.  But with all the purchasing of gifts and Christmas items, it's really hard for me to buy project/craft goodies around this time of year.  So I made my own chalkboard- with out paint!  Ok, actually, this is a faux chalkboard and if you have kids, I bet you'll have the material to make your own framed Chalkboard.

Here's what you'll need.
Black construction paper
White crayon

Seriously.  That's it.


You can write or draw on the black construction paper as you would with any other paper.  I can't draw stick people, but I do alright with letters.


I put my "chalkboard" in a Dollar Tree frame, and before I put it in there, I had to make sure it fit right.  You may need to cut your construction paper to size.


That's it!  A faux chalk frame for pennies!  Then, I just has to make one more for the nativity scene.  I just love the "chalk" against my spray painted white frame.


Hope you all have a peaceful week before Christmas!
Blessings,
Lisa

I link all my projects with some wonderful blogs.  To visit them, go to the {Link Party Love} page found at the top of this page on the {Home} bar.
Also linking to:
A Stroll Thru Life

Fluster Buster
Posed Perfection
 
 
 

Comments

  1. That idea just amazed me- so easy...

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thank you Lisa, for all that you bring to us!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Ok you are a genius! Don't think I would have ever thought our that on my own. I am so going to use this idea! Thanks so much.

    ReplyDelete
  4. What a great idea, and I'm inspired to make a few myself since I have everything on hand. Have a very blessed Christmas!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I love that scripture, and this is a cute idea. Thanks!

    Merry Christmasas,

    Sheila

    ReplyDelete
  6. ha! I love this...your list of tools needed cracked me up. it's so simple, and I think we all know this, but have totally forgotten.

    ReplyDelete
  7. What a great idea!! Thank you so much for sharing at Redoux. Happy New Year!

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment