A Christmas Mantel

One of my favorite places to decorate in the house for Christmas is the mantel.   I do something new every year, and every year the Christmas mantel becomes my "new" favorite.  This year is no exception.  I LOVE our mantel.  I Love that I didn't spend any money to decorate it!  I Love that I used decorations from all my past mantels; I Love that I went outside and cut branches and twigs to complete my look.  Most of all, I love the new art work that I painted.  Take and look and please tell me you love it too!


I wanted a natural/ outdoor/ rustic look with just a pop of color.  I had no idea what to do to change things up from years past, so I just started with my Joy and Noel signs. 


I made them just yesterday and I'll show you exactly how to make your own later this week, so come on back.  I will say it's pretty easy and inexpensive and took only 30 minutes. Sound good? 


After I made my signs, I put them up and the inspiration just flowed from there. 


I cut down twigs from trees in my back yard and added a few small red ornaments to them. I've had these tall glass vases from the Dollar Tree for a while now, and they come in handy every season.  I wasn't sure what "pop" of color I wanted to go with, but the only small ornaments I had were red.  That settles that question.  Red it is!



These pine branches, complete with baby pine cones, were cut down from a pine tree in my front yard.  We had to trim the tree last week and my daughter suggested we use the branches for Christmas.  Great idea!

I used Epsom salt to give that snow look to the twigs and added a few red berries.


The white candles wrapped in twin were part of my Fall Mantel, but they work perfectly here too.  Pine cones are all over my yard, so I decided to bring a few inside. 

The wreath is made of branches and I decided to tie a little burlap knot at the bottom.  Love burlap!

It really was simple and easy this year, but I LOVE that rustic look with a bit of glam.  The gold mirror and sparkle ornaments give just enough pop without overwhelming the mantle.  So what do you think?  Not bad for a $0/1 day makeover.  Not bad at all!

Blessings,
Lisa
I link all my projects with some wonderful blogs.  To visit them, go to the {Link Party Love} page found at the top of this page on the {Home} bar.
Also linking to:
Between Naps on the Porch
Savvy Southern Style

No Minimalist Here
The Shabby Creek Cottage

Miss Mustard Seed
A Stroll Thru Life
Fluster Buster
Posed Perfection
 
 

Comments

  1. Great job keeping the mantel simple yet elegant. Love the branches with the tiny red ornaments - they give just the right touch of color.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Everything looks so pretty. You are so lucky to have fresh pine in your yard.
    Blessings,
    Audrey Z. @ Timeless Treasures

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment