A New Home

I'm back everyone!  It's been a really busy, really crazy, really chaotic October. I'm beyond thankful it is over.  We had to deal with scary health issues with one of our munchkins and moved 40 minutes away from the place we called home for 2 years.  The munchkin is doing much better now, but we are learning to live in a whole new way.  Much more on that later.

As far as the move goes, well, we loved our home; but we knew it was temporary.  Now we are in the city we wanted to be in since moving to Colorado.  It's an amazing city, actually ranked the #1 place to live in America twice in the last 5 years.  No one really cares about those things though.  So many of us love the place we live in, right? That's not why we moved here either.  We moved to be closer to our church which we planted about a year ago.  It's hard to find a rental here though, especially one in our budget.  But....God is faithful.  We found a place about 10 days before our lease ended.  LOVE that.  You want to see pictures?  These are all before the move taken with my iphone, and I forgot to take pics of the second floor. Here's the new Lewisville!



I call this house the Doll House.  It's 3 levels of living space but that includes a finished basement, and it's really small compared to where we came from.  I know 3 levels sounds big, but the entire house is a little more than 1300sq ft.   I call it the Doll House because it reminds me of the Barbie Dream houses I had when I was a little girl.  They always looked big, but when you played with them, you realized Barbie only had two rooms on each floor. That's what we have here. 

There's my son trying to figure out his new skateboarding path.   The trees will be trimmed down next week, and  the rest, I'll be taking care of.  I have my work cut out for me. 

Front porch, main entrance, and garage door.  We'll have to get used to accessing the garage from the outside now.  We're hoping to buy a home in the area in the next few years, but it's things like this that I'm putting on my imaginary list of must haves and don't want.  I don't really want this, but I can live with it for now.
This seems to be a feature that everyone likes, but it's one that I don't really care for.  We have this huge window in the living room.  Traditional curtains are too long and it pops out like a mini sun room.

It's different and I'm not really sure what to do with it yet.

I LOVE the bright living room and this fireplace is beautiful. 


On the other side of the living room, we have a teeny, tiny area that I think is meant to be a dining area.  It's way to small though, so we're using the whole room as a living room and eating in the kitchen.  Didn't you hear?  Eat-in kitchens are all the rage again!  Out with the islands and in with the tables again.  At least that's what I'm telling myself.  Ok, but seriously, don't you just love the sliding glass doors to the back yard?

The kitchen is about half the size of my old one.  Ho-hum.  It has a big window, which you can't see but it's really quite dark in here.   In a few months, if all goes well, I think this will be the first room I tackle.

The flooring really needs to be redone also, so I'll be thinking about how to make that better. 


Here's a picture of the basement.  I'm in a kid room, which is also teeny, tiny,


with teeny, tiny closet space.

At least they have build in shelving.  And they also have this open space right outside of their room.  It's about the size of a bedroom, but we're making it into the teen/homeschool room.  They really like the idea.
And it has lots of closet space, which we're using right now to house their dressers.  We're thinking outside the box in this house.  Every piece of space is valuable.

Here's a view the other side of this room.  The TV, Wii, and DVD player will be set by the stairs.  The bookshelf area houses another book shelf behind that wall, so it's the perfect area for homeschool book.  To the right is the laundry room and a full bathroom.  Sorry, I forgot to take those pictures.

The stair case is also beautiful wood which is found through out the house.  Love that too.

So that's the new Lewisville, minus the master bedroom and my son's room on the second floor.  We like the house despite the size, and we're learning to live with less- less furniture, less space.  In a way, I like that we have to purge, and believe me, we have to purge a lot. I realized we have so much junk just taking up space! Here, I will have to be more organized and creative with my space. So for the next few months, that's exactly what Lewisville Love will be focusing on. 

I'm getting organized and saving space as much as possible in a small Doll House.  I hope you'll stick around to see what we come up with here!

Blessings,
Lisa



Comments

  1. I can't wait to see what you do with each room... I'll be following along to see:)

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment