Organizing Under the Kitchen Sink

Oh boy, I have been thinking about doing this project for some time now.  Every once in a while, something in my house will irritate me so much that I have to make some changes, take some action, spend some money!  Ok, in this case, it was no big deal, but getting it done felt so GREAT!  I cleaned and organized my messy "under the kitchen sink" area.  EWWW.   The good news is that it only took me half an hour and a whopping $2 to get things taken care of once an for all.


 I've had to the "urge," strange as that may sound, to get thing more organized.  Since I'm doing dishes and cleaning up the kitchen every single day, this area seemed like the perfect place to start.  Here's what the chaos looked like before.




I don't consider this super messy, but it's certainly unorganized.   My frustration  really came out of the fact that I couldn't fit my dish soap under there.  Come on, Lisa, get it together!


So I went to Dollar Tree and picked up these simple blue baskets.  Love these baskets by the way.  I think I may have to go back and pick up a few more for a very messy boy's room.  Won't mention any names.


Though my organizing projects are few and far between, the first step is to clean, clean, clean.  Take every things out and wipe up the floor of the cabinet.  You may be surprised how dirty this area gets. 


I organized my bins into every day use, every week, and once in a while.  The every day use basket will be in the front.


I've had this organizing bin for years by the way.  I think it was the first "house organizer"  I bought.  My idea back then was to put all my cleaners in one caddy and take it from room to room to clean.  That worked before kids.  Now I like to have cleaners on every floor and in some cases, under every sink so I can clean in 5 minutes.   It has certainly come in handy in any case.


I played around where to put everything and changed the baskets a little here and there.  In the end, I decided the fire extinguisher goes in the front, along with the dish soap.  Both are important.



Ahhh, so clean and organized now.  I LOVE simple and cheap projects like this.  It just warms my "clean" little heart.  Hope you found some inspiration today!

Blessings,
Lisa

I link all my projects with some wonderful blogs.  To visit them, go to the {Link Party Love} page found at the top of this page on the {Home} bar.
Also linking to:
Between Naps on the Porch
Savvy Southern Style

No Minimalist Here
The Shabby Creek Cottage

Miss Mustard Seed

Funky Junk Interiors
Coastal Charm 


Fluster Buster

Comments

  1. Fire extinguisher surely is important! I like your thinking, and great job organizing on a budget!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I will be doing this to under my sinks, kitchen and bathrooms... good ideas ..
    Cindy

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hoppin by, I just did the same thing. Its such a freeing thing--getting clutter free, lol.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Nice job! Bins are the best...keeps everything together and from falling down!

    ReplyDelete
  5. So simple and so perfect. Love it. Thanks tons for linking up to Inspire Me. Hugs, Marty

    ReplyDelete
  6. This is so inspiring, I'm going to tackle this job today!!!

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment