I LOVE my new curtains

So the other day, I was out shopping for my laundry room make-over.  I was ready to pick up organizing  bins; but wouldn't you know it, when I'm ready to get one room done, I couldn't find a single item to finish it.  Where are all the organizing bins?  and laundry room stuff?  Didn't they know I was going shopping just for those things that day?  Ho hum...for about 2 minutes  until I found these, babies!

And I'm happy again! I bought curtains! Not just any curtains.  These are fabulous curtains, mainly because they were amazingly priced at just $20.  Plus, look at the difference it made in the room.  Here's the before.




We were making due with these white sheer curtains.  The problem with our window /sliding glass door is that it's south facing, meaning the sun comes in the room and lights it up like it's Christmas!  Then there's the heat.  It's not a problem during the winter of course, but during the summer, the sun blazes in every day and we melt.  There were days I tossed my decor convictions aside and just threw a blanket over the window to find relief.  Not very pretty but much needed.

By the way, have you seen the price of quality curtains lately.  I guess that's what kept me from buying "relief" before.  There are some really great ideas out there for alternative window coverings which I considered.  With all of them though, I'd have to sew a little, or add black out lining, or add curtain hardware like grommets.  Add that all up and buying material to buy curtains cost just as must if not more. (I still love the table cloth idea though. You may see that later).


These curtains are nice and thick.  I love the grommets and lining.  The grey color looks SWEET with my black and white table and chairs.
When this dining area is done, I promise to give you a full picture of everything pulled together.  For now, we enjoy the privacy and shade.

So if you're in the market for curtains, I suggest giving those "dress for less" places a try.  I found these curtains at Ross, but TJ Maxx had similar ones for about the same price.  For the price, quality, and look, you can find a really great deal.

Have a great day, everyone!

Blessings,
Lisa

I link all my projects with some wonderful blogs.  To visit them, go to the {Link Party Love} page found at the top of this page on the {Home} bar.
Also linking to:
Between Naps on the Porch
Savvy Southern Style

No Minimalist Here
The Shabby Creek Cottage

Miss Mustard Seed

Funky Junk Interiors
Coastal Charm 


Comments

  1. Let me say I love the color and fabric consistency of your new curtains. Can sure see why they were needed as well as how they look. So glad for you to find them. We only have a TJMaxx here (Grand Junction) and I rarely get the chance to go there.
    I have some nice curtains like yours that I use in the Winter on our living room windows. It gets pretty chilly in our house by the windows so I bought the insulated curtains with the stuff on the backs. They sure do help tho. Our west facing l/r really floods the light in but is cold in winter if I'm sitting by it.
    I have curtains for the summer also which are much lighter. I'm considering putting some curtain liner on back of them as it's really hot in summer to be sitting by that west window. Sheesh can't win it seems.
    My curtains cost alot more than yours tho. I bought them from a catalog store, gag, the prices were ridiculous but I bought them since I could make payments. Really dumb but had no extra cash at the time. Enjoy your new curtains, they look really nice.

    ReplyDelete
  2. They look wonderful. YOu are right, both stores are a wonderful place to find home decor and accessories at really affordable prices. Your drapes looks great. I would love for you to link this up to my Inspire Me party that is ongoing. http://www.astrollthrulife.net/2013/05/165th-inspire-me-tuesday.html
    Hugs, Marty

    ReplyDelete
  3. I bet that will be really nice this summer! They look really great. Thanks so much for linking up at the Real Family Fun link party! Hope to see you next week.
    KC

    ReplyDelete
  4. Those look great! Good pick :) Found you at It Happens in a Blink!
    Nicole
    http://coleyscraftingcorner.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  5. What a difference curtains make! Thank you for partying with me.

    Robin
    Fluster Buster

    ReplyDelete
  6. ooh, those are great! I could have used some like for my son's room--I wound up making no sew ones out of some fabric I ordered (very similar to that fabric), but this would have been a lot easier and no more expensive.

    ReplyDelete
  7. These are the exact curtains we have, but ours are more blue than grey. We got ours at KMart for $20 each. Good deal and they've lasted well. Might be a better source than TJMaxx since I know that kinda depends on what's been overstocked, right?

    ReplyDelete
  8. You definitely know how to spot fabulous stuff, Lisa! But the even more good news was you got at a very reasonable price! And yes, the curtain certainly created homey and intimate ambiance on your space. It is surprising how a simple curtain can make such a difference in a room.


    Roxie@WindowTreatmentsPhiladelphia.com

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment