Rustic Spring Mantel

I FINALLY got around to decorating my mantel for SPRING!  I know I'm a little late to the game, but what's done is now done! Everything I used to decorate the mantel I already had around the house, so I spent absolutely no money, which you know pleases me greatly.


It took me a while to figure out what I really wanted for the mantel.  I'm glad I took that extra time though, because I LOVE the way it turned out.



I wanted the spring colors and flowers to be a part of the mantel, but I didn't wanted them to be the focal point. I'm really not a "flowery" type of girl.  Love them, but too much steals the show.  I decided to choose a color to add pop to the mantel.
 Since I've been a little obsessed with turquoise lately, I chose that color for the mantel.  I tinted clear glass vases from the Dollar Tree to give me that turquoise loveliness.  You can read about that project HERE


 I bought this rustic wreath last year at a thrift store.  It's the wreath I always use for this mantel and has gone through a lot of changes.  Oh, if wreaths could speak!  The flowers also came from a thrift store, and I used those for my outdoor wreath last year.  You can take a look at how I used the flowers on that wreath HERE.


This year, I decided to bunch the flowers up on one side.  The burlap was left over too, and I'm in love with how burlap and wood compliment each other.  I couldn't resist using it to hang my wreath.


 At first, I added real flowers left over from Easter, in my tinted vases. The pink and white flowers are made out of coffee filters then spray painted.  I made those last year too and you can read the tutorial HERE.


Like I said, I love flowers, but with flowers on the wreath, the coffee filter flowers, the real flowers in the vase, and the flower tea cup, I was in flower overload.  I think the boys were too.


I knew the real flowers were temporary though, so I left things as they were for a few days.  The teacup, by the way, is my favorite.  I'm an afternoon tea drinker and I have several beautiful tea cups in my collection.  Ironically, I never drink my tea out of them??? I use a big Starbucks mug.  I know- the irony.

 That was the mantel....colorful, flowery, done!


Now that the flowers have met their day, I added branches to the vases.  I read some where that branches are the new flowers.  I think that's an appropriate statement.  Branches set a rustic tone, but when you put them in a nice vase, you have rustic glam.  That's what I'm calling it anyway.


And that is the story of my Spring mantel.

What do you think?


Blessings,
Lisa

I link all my projects with some wonderful blogs.  To visit them, go to the {Link Party Love} page found at the top of this page on the {Home} bar.
Also linking to:
Between Naps on the Porch
Savvy Southern Style

No Minimalist Here
The Shabby Creek Cottage

Miss Mustard Seed

Funky Junk Interiors
Coastal Charm 


Comments

  1. I love this mantel! Looks really good! Nicole from URL"http://www.nicole-southerncharm.com/

    ReplyDelete
  2. Lovely and rustic! Autumn greetings from Australia♥ ~Pernilla

    ReplyDelete
  3. Your mantle is beautiful...I love the colors!! I would love for you to link up at SHOW-licious Craft Showcase.

    Just follow the link....http://sew-licious.blogspot.com/2013/04/show-licious-craft-showcase-26.html.

    Marti

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment