Amazing Laundry Rooms

I've been looking at laundry rooms lately hoping to find some inspiring ideas to finish up the little bit of transformation taking place in my own laundry room.  I've added a shelf for storage and painted another shelf ...just because.  Since we rent this home, I won't be adding cabinets or hanging a chandelier, but I do want the space to be beautiful and functional.


 Having a laundry room is a huge blessing.  When we lived in California, over a period of 15 years and 6 different houses, our washer and dryer were always in the garage.  Laundry/mud rooms aren't common in Southern California homes, so staying inside the house to throw our laundry in the washer is something we're all thankful for now.  My laundry room is between the garage and the kitchen and acts as "hallway" sometimes.  That's why it's so easy to just drop off our "stuff" in the laundry room when we get home.  There are piles of mail, purses, backpacks, and shoes that get left in there, and with little storage things get messy.   Therefore, I usually keep the door to the laundry room CLOSED! It does have a great closet, which we use to store all our winter gear and other miscellaneous items that don't seem to find a permanent home, but that closet needs a good cleaning out too!


{Source}
So to get myself moving and my laundry room organized and finished some time this year, I decided to find a little laundry inspiration.  I wanted to find real laundry makeovers similar to the size of my own room.  I love all the beautiful rooms we can find in the home magazines, but real- budget friendly, kid friendly makeovers is what I was looking for, and I found them!
{Source}
These rooms were done by girls just like you and me.

{Source}
Great colors!  Who knew a laundry room could be so pretty?
{Source}
I'm always looking for good storage idea.
{Source}

{Source}
And I could even go so far as to paint my washer and dryer. 
{Source}

Storage and labels.  Yes and Yes!
{Source}


{Source}

So there you have it- lots of laundry room love.  I'm inspired and motivated to finish up my room and get it organized! Now if only it would stop snowing so I could do that.


Blessings,
Lisa

Comments