3 more days and a table centerpiece to come up with

Hi there, everyone.  It's been almost a week since my last blog post.  This has been an extremely busy season for us here in Lewisville, and it's been quite the sad season as well.  We continue to pray for all the families in Newtown, Connecticut, but this last week two other families we know lost loved ones.  It has shocked us and we are mourning with them.  Our only comfort is that we will see them again in heaven someday.

When so much craziness surrounds me, I like to retreat a bit and reflect on what's happening.  During these times I enjoy my adventures in DIY projects that much more.  This week especially, I've been busy sanding, staining, painting, creating.  I guess you can say it's a bit of therapy for me.  I pray and paint, pray and decorate, pray and build.  I'm just praying all over the place, and that's how it should be.

My simple table centerpiece.


So I know all the stocking are hung, the mantel and tree are decorated, the lights are up outside, and most if not all, of the presents are wrapped.  Am I right?  I still have shopping to do for a few more gifts for the kiddos.  My husband and I went out last night to get some shopping done and as we were driving, we decided to go out on a date instead.  We anti-shopped and I enjoyed it thoroughly!  But now it's back to business.  I have to come up with table decor for a Christmas potluck at my church.  I decided to post a few inspiration pictures, so if you're still trying to come up with some sparkling table decorations, look no further!

My simple Dollar Tree big ornaments hung outside


As always, you can find these on my Pinterest Christmas boards.  I try to find the source for all pictures used here, but sometimes it just doesn't work out.  Enjoy.

Oh my!  I just love all this color!
{Source}
I'm loving blue and silver together.
{Source}
{Source}
The napkin folded like a bow is one of my favorite ideas!
You can never have enough ornaments!
{Source}
 And for the rustic glam look, combine pine cones and shimmery ornaments.

Wreaths and candles are a simple, yet elegant way to decorate.

{Source}

{Source}
And don't forget about the chairs.  These are great finishing details that will really make an impact!

{Source}



{Source}

 And how about some personalized name tags?   Who doesn't love that?

Cut out your own holly leaf

Or use candy canes like so.  I really think this is a cute idea.

 My kids and I actually did this last week.  Cute and simple project.
{Source}
 zLove, love, love this idea!
{Source}

And just in case you're wondering the "proper" way to set a table, here it is?  Oh that's where that spoon goes!

I hope you found some inspiration for your own home.  I'll be back after Christmas and the new year with lots of new rooms to decorate and projects to tackle.  I hope you'll join me.  Have a wonderful and blessed Christmas, dear readers!

Blessings and Merry Christmas
Lisa

Comments