Spray Paint to Update

Hi there, everyone!  How was your Labor Day weekend?  I really slowed down and just relaxed with my family.  Sometimes, that's all you that should be going on- family time!  I've been having some computer issues again, so this post is coming a few days later than I planned.  Tips and Tricks Tuesday will resume again next week.

 So you want to see what I've been up too?  I'll give you a hint.  It involves spray paint.


I updated a glass top entry table.  We've had this table for at least a decade, and it served us well.  It really needed an update though.  Take a look at the Before pictures.




And the wear and tear was really showing how well she was loved.


So she got a good cleaning, then I simply used spray primer.  I only had white primer in my garage. Normally, if I'm painting something a dark color, I try to use a darker primer like grey.


I wasn't sure what color I wanted to spray paint the table, but once I primered in white, I knew I didn't want the table to be white.  It just didn't look good?


I decided to spray paint it black after all.  Rust-Oleum has matching black paint in a spray version and quart can.  I did little touch-ups on the table with a sponge brush.  I hate cleaning paint brushes, so I use these for smaller projects.


I used a clear finish in the spray formula, the exact same one I used for my how to paint a Lamp Transformation.  It saves a ton of time over brushing on polycrylic.  Again, I only use spray paint and clear finish for smaller projects...or when I'm feeling just plain lazy.  Cost wise, it's much cheaper to paint from a can, but time wise- spray paint wins!


The table is still being used as an entry table, just the entry way from the garage.  I don't know if we'll be keeping the table for long.  What I really need here is a moving kitchen island.  The table is just my "make do for now" solution.


She looks good, I think.  All nice and shiny!  Oh, and those roses...they're beautiful, aren't they? They're my 40th birthday roses from Mr. Lewisville.  LOVE them.


So the table isn't my favorite, but it looks so much better updated in black.


I LOVE spray paint transformations!


It took me about an hour to clean, primer, and paint.  The clear finish takes about 24 hours to dry completely.  Easy project with a big impacts- sure, I'll take that!

Hope you found some inspiration here today.

Blessings,
Lisa

Comments

  1. That made a huge difference. Spray paint is such a good friend. ;) Happy Birthday! :D

    ReplyDelete
  2. Beautiful. What a transformation!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Wow. What a difference a coat of paint makes. I love the black wrought iron look!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Looks great! My husband always laughs at me because my solution to a lot of DIY projects is spray paint. Thanks for sharing! Stop by my Friday's Five Features tomorrow and link up this post (and others)! http://diy-vintage-chic.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  5. Oh my gosh! I have this SAME table up in my attic along with the matching mirror. I've been meaning to paint it for years. Yours looks great! Please come over and share it at my new link party! Stylish Friday Finds! My readers would love to see it!
    http://www.astylishinterior.com/2013/09/new-link-party-stylish-friday-finds.html

    Karen

    ReplyDelete
  6. It looks really nice! Thank you for joining HSH!
    Sherry

    ReplyDelete
  7. I love how it turned out !! great job !
    Best,
    marlin

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment