10 minute Fall Crafts

A few day ago, I quickly set up my Fall Mantel.  Today, I wanted to show you all why it only took me a few minutes and give you a little creative inspiration for your own fall crafts.   These days, I'm all about saving time and money.  My fall crafts this year were all done with supplies I already had, and most of those supplies came from the thrift or dollar store.

My favorite project turned out to be these simple twine wrapped candles.  I bought white candles from Target over a year ago.  They are part of my ever-changing mantel décor, so for fall, I simply wrapped twine around them.  I didn't even hot glue them to stay in place.  I wrapped and tucked the ends in.  I like buying twine from the Home Depot.  You get a large amount for a great price.
Love the way they turned out!  Next...

For my fall vases, I had these glass candle vases I purchased at the Dollar Tree some time ago.  I took branches from my back yard, added the fall leaves- a purchase also from the Dollar Tree- and filled it with the fall bark.  You can find the fall bark in the candle section at the Dollar Tree also.  For two of these, I spent less than $5!

You can see I've had this red candle in the middle for quite some time.  It sits on a candle stick I bought at the thrift store for just a dollar.  I spray painted it black many moons ago, and this is a normal part of every season's mantel décor too.  I wrapped berries around the candle just to give it a bit of texture and depth.

My favorite wreath that is ever changing for each season also comes from a thrift store.  For fall, I simply hung it up with a piece of burlap.  Simple but so fall-ish.

Then there's this wire basket that I bought at the dollar section at Target, but it was $2.50.  You got to be careful at that dollar section.  Not everything is a dollar.  I love these baskets though. I filled it with acorns and plastic fall vegetables I spray painted white.  Both of those can be found at the dollar store too.  I topped it off with a few colorful leaves, red berries, and pine cones.  I want a few more pine cones in this so I'm sending the kids out today to go gather a few more- the benefits of living near the Rockies!

So I went from my nicely packed fall storage bin....

To a colorful mantel celebrating and welcoming fall.

Blessings,
Lisa

I link all my projects with some wonderful blogs.  To visit them, go to the {Link Party Love} page found at the top of this page on the {Home} bar.
Also linking to:
Between Naps on the Porch
Savvy Southern Style

No Minimalist Here
The Shabby Creek Cottage

Miss Mustard Seed
Funky Junk Interiors
Coastal Charm 
Common Ground
Fluster Buster
Posed Perfection
 
 

Labels: