Thrift Store Desk Transformation

I have another transformation! Don't you just love before and afters? Afresh start! A new beginning! Revive, Refresh, Renew! Take a look at this thrift store desk I picked up for just $14. She's so pretty now.


But she didn't always look so good. Here's what the desk looked like before. I like the nice curvy lines and the real wood construction. So I brought her home, hoping to be inspired with some color.



Originally, I wanted to sand it all down and stain the top. That idea was scratched when I realized how badly damaged the top of the desk was.



The wood grain just didn't take the stain well, so it got another coat of primer.

Then I had to choose a paint color. What to choose? What to choose?

 White desk sell quickly, so I decided to stick with a white base and just add color to the drawers!


DIY problem for those of us who live in beautiful Colorado- Sometimes, we get really, really cold ugly days like this.

When that happens, it all comes inside. The kitchen becomes a workshop. Yes, I'm working two projects at one time. Yes, I know I'm crazy.

Ok, knobs? I didn't want to buy new ones this time, so sand, primer, and spray paint was my method.


To add a little interest, I bought these flowers from Hobby Lobby, took them apart, and added them to the back of the knobs.


The result is this pretty little thing.



I know it's very similar to my Pretty White Desk, but it took less time to paint without all the details.


I used a white enamel paint on the base with Duck Egg Blue by Benjamin Moore on the drawers (sorry, I didn't get a photo of it). Everything got a coat of polycrylic to protect the piece.

Primer...
 Paint...


Protective Coat...

Pretty Desk...


Blessings,
Lisa

Comments