2014 Fall Wreath

So for the past couple of years, I've ventured into the DIY realm of all things home.  It really started because I had never (ever) decorated my home except for Christmas, and things were looking lived in and loved, but mucho plain and boring. My biggest reason for DIYing was to save money, or in my case, not spend money I didn't have anyway.  That's how all this began.  I "discovered" other DIYers on the internet and a creative force within me was sparked! Plus there was that, "You don't have to spend a lot of money to make your décor mark on your home." Bonus.

This is now my 3rd fall wreath that I've made.  Let's not talk about my first two.  It's this one that I'm most proud of, and not just because of how it came out.  I used up my fall items from last year, so this wreath didn't cost me a thing!  Yeah!

I had dollar store items, burlap and some hot glue to make the Lewisville fall wreath. I cut a strip of burlap and gathered it by pulling a "string" lengthwise down the middle.

Pinecones came from a walk on a nearby path and those acorns were from Target last year.


The pumpkin, fall leaves and wreath came from the Dollar Tree. Those red berries came from Hobby Lobby, but you can find them everywhere.   Those are my favorite part about this wreath by the way.

Now I just need to add a few more fall touches.  Step 1 is done!
 Love it!

More fall touches to come. 

Blessings,
Lisa

Comments