Sweet Baby Gift

So I've been off this whole week thanks to Labor Day.  Oh, I enjoyed our family day together, don't get me wrong, but all day Tuesday, I kept thinking it was Monday.  By Tuesday night, I realized I missed Tips and Tricks, so my sincerest apologies go out to you faithful Tuesday readers.  I'll make up for it next week.
For today, I have a quick and easy DIY baby gift or project, depending on your circumstances.  We are long past the baby stage here in Lewisville, but last week I received an email from a friend who wanted to give an impromptu baby shower for a young mom in our bible study. This mom just recently joined our study, but her husband is serving over seas and we wanted to bless her in some way.
I love gifts that take some thought and have a personal touch, but I don't sew or knit so diy is what I turn to. Here's what I came up with-

When I say quick and easy, I'm not kidding.  I took a frame I've had for years.  By the way, a great place to buy "chunky" frames is your local thrift store.
 Enter my favorite DIY tool of all time- Spray paint!  Primer first, always.  Then spray your favorite color.  You can see here I'm doing a few different projects at once.
 Then, like a truly busy mom and DIYer, I searched for a FREE printable on the internet.  This one was my favorite.  Search for free printable baby quotes.  Be ready to scroll through a thousand. You can download the printable and print it out on a word or publisher type program. I used thick card stock to make it a bit nicer.

Here are a few examples of what I found...





Then put it together and a sweet baby gift is ready.  If you have a few frames that are about the same size, several prints would be even better. 

Thinking outside of Target these days...

Blessings,
Lisa

Comments

Post a Comment