Tips and Tricks Tuesday- Features

Today we successfully completed our second day of school for the 2013/14 academic term!  Only 170 more school days to go until next summer!  When you're a home school mom, you look forward to the first day of school and the last day of school.  It's highly rewarding to teach your own kids, but it's also a full time job.  The first day of school provides a new beginning and fresh start that we all need, but, oh, that last day is a big sigh of relief and sense of accomplishment.  Here's a to a great school year, with a little blogging on the side, for me and my kiddos!

* If you're new here, welcome to Lewisville!  Today is Tips and Tricks Tuesday! It's a good day to visit here.  I like finding simple solutions for everyday living and sharing some of my favorite tips with you all!  You can find most of these tips on my  Pinterest Tips and Tricks board, where I'd also love to have you follow along.  There's always facebook and twitter too.  If you want to pin these tips on your own board, just click {source} below each picture.  It will take you to the original source of the tip, and it's always best to pin from the original source.

Today, I'll be featuring some of the links from last weeks party.  These are some of my favorites!



I don't have sewing skills, so I never thought I'd be able to add piping to a chair.  Christy shows us how to add chair piping with a no sew method.  LOVE this one!

{Source}




The DeJongs showed us how to make a great craft table out of Ikea bookshelves.  This is an awesome Ikea hack.

{Source}




The Koenigs transformed this old china cabinet with paint and chicken wire.  It has a fresh, modern look now, and it's beautiful.


{Source}
 Therena revealed her new bathroom.  The colors are tranquil and the added molding gives it a great architectural element.   Any guest would love to walk into this room. 

{Source}

MrMoozy took an old farm shed door and added it to her decor.  It's charming and rustic.  Love a great re-purpose like this.
{Source}
I LOVE using my crock pot and skipping time standing at the stove any day.  Barb gives us a collections of tasty slow cooker meals, just in time for the new busy schedule. 

{Source}
Though I home school my kids, I love the idea of making them "FUN" lunches like this.  Diana gives us so many great tips for adding that fun to your child's lunch box.

{Source}


Hope you enjoyed the highlights!


Blessings,
Lisa

Comments

  1. Nice highlights! I'd love to have a hutch to redo and add chicken wire to!

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment