Add Art with old Picture Frames

I'm enjoying working on decorating another room.  I've put off my girls' room for a while, mainly because they can't agree on the direction.  They have, miraculously, agreed on a color.  Hallelujah!  They're going for grey and yellow.  I like it!  Hopefully they stay with it long enough for me to finish their room.  But they're tween/teen girls after all, and we know what that means.


Today is a quick and easy tip on how to transform all those old picture frames you may have around the house.  I bought this old picture frame from a yard sale for just 25 cents.  Can't go wrong with that.  I wasn't crazy about the color, but  I though it would be a good addition to the girls' room- once it was painted.  I look for frames that have a thick and intricate border.  This "chunky" frame was perfect.



First- we prime.  I use a spray primer just because it's super fast.  I like super fast!
 Next- use your favorite spray paint color.  I used heirloom white from Rust Oleum to match some of their other furniture.

Third- cut any piece of material down to size that will fit around the cardboard backing.  I had this yellow material that wasn't getting any use- until now.

 You can glue it onto the cardboard, modpodge, staple, hot glue, whatever you like.  I just tucked mine into the frame and it stayed in place just fine.

Voila!

Now we have a super easy way to achieve artistic flair to a plain old picture frame.  LOVE!


The gold frame was pretty, but the white modernizes it making it perfect for my girls' room.  They love it too!



Blessings,
Lisa
I link all my projects with some wonderful blogs.  To visit them, go to the {Link Party Love} page found at the top of this page on the {Home} bar.
Also linking to:
Between Naps on the Porch
Savvy Southern Style

No Minimalist Here
The Shabby Creek Cottage

Miss Mustard Seed

Funky Junk Interiors
Coastal Charm 


Fluster Buster

Labels: