Easy 4th of July Treats

Hi there everyone!  I wanted to share a super easy 4th of July treat that my kids just loved last year.  Ok, honestly, I loved them too, and so did everyone else that we shared them with at our awesome 4th of July barbeque. I say that because we were hanging with some "awesome" friends!
 Rice Krispy treats are among my favorites, but I'm talking about the real kind that you make at home, not the packaged kind. They're delicious and kid friendly, and lets face it. The adults eat just as many as the kids.

If you're in need of a fun, easy, and patriotic treat to take to your 4th of July bash, here you go!

 So here's how you get the yummy stars and stripes.



 I follow the directions on the rice cereal box but add a little more butter to the recipe.  You don't have to buy the brand name cereal by the way.  The grocery store brand works just the same.

 I also butter my spatula as I press the marshmallowy treat into the dish.  It makes it easier and less sticky.  Once they're cool, cut treats into squares and simply brush on stripes with food coloring.  I have a small brush that I use only for food.


I added the blue square in the corner and voila, the tasty American flag is born.


 With the extra treats, I used a star cookie cutter and cut away.  The best part about this little dessert is eating the left over "scraps".


I thought sprinkles would be perfect at first, but they didn't really stand out.  Back to painting the stars and stripes.


Yum and yum.  All the kids had fun picking which star they wanted.


When it's so hot outside, the last thing I want to do is turn on the oven to bake a dessert for a party.  This was the perfect dessert for all of us.


And with my treats packed and ready, we were off to watch the fire works. 


What will I do this year?  Not sure yet, but I love adding a patriotic flair to my food.  Next Tuesday, I'll have some last minute 4th of July tips and tricks for your last minute party.
                                                  We are truly blessed in this county. 

God Bless America,

Lisa


I link all my projects with some wonderful blogs.  To visit them, go to the {Link Party Love} page found at the top of this page on the {Home} bar.
Also linking to:
Between Naps on the Porch
Savvy Southern Style

No Minimalist Here
The Shabby Creek Cottage

Miss Mustard Seed

Funky Junk Interiors
Coastal Charm 


Fluster Buste

Comments

  1. Fun idea! Thanks for sharing.

    ReplyDelete
  2. This is one of my kids favorite "sweet treats". They're going be surprised the next time I make them! Thanks for stopping by and linking up to Fluster Buster's Creative Muster Party! Looking forward to seeing what you're going to link up next week.

    Robin @ Fluster Buster

    ReplyDelete
  3. What an adorable and yummy idea!
    KC

    ReplyDelete
  4. Amen, to God Bless America!
    I never knew you could paint on food color, thanks so much for sharing.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Amen, indeed!
      Yup, you can paint away, just make sure it's dry before you serve or you may see some red and blue teeth.

      Delete
  5. The kids would love these! Thank you for joining Home Sweet Home!
    Sherry

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment