Cream Puffs..mmmmm!

 Valentines day is just around the corner and I just have to share with you all one of our favorite desserts here in Lewisville.  We usually save baking creme puffs for New Year's eve, but they're so easy to make and so delicious, we just can't help ourselves but make more and more of these bad boys!  Here's our recipe made with home made whipped cream, which you can always add a little red dye to just in time for Valentines Day!

 Don't those look good!  They are...really, really good!


Here's what you'll need to make 10-12 cream puffs.
1 cup of water
1 stick (1/2 cup) of butter
1 cup of flour
4 eggs
Heavy whipping cream (not pictured)

Powdered Sugar (not pictured)

Heat your oven to 400 degrees (F).
In a saucepan, heat your water and butter to a boil.

Add your flour and reduce to a low heat.  Stir the mixture until it thickens and forms a ball of dough.  This will be quick, about a minute, then take it off the heat completely.


Stir in the beaten eggs and mix it with the flour mixture until it's smooth.  It will seen like the eggs won't mix with the flour, but just keep mixing.  Keep mixing.  Again, it's off the heat.


It will look like this when it's ready to be baked.

Next, just drop them onto an ungreased baking sheet.  I use a 1/3 measuring cup to drop them onto a cookie sheet.


Put them in your pre heated oven for 35 minutes or until they're puffed and golden brown on top.


While those are baking, you can start making your home made whipped cream.  I prefer whipped cream over cream filling mainly because it's lighter and much easier to make.  Just add half pint of heavy whipping cream ( I only had regular whipping cream but it still works) and mix it with1/4 cup of powdered sugar.  Use a mixer and beat the cream and sugar on high until it fluffs.

 I like my whipped cream sweet, so I always add more sugar throughout the beating process.  I'll take a little taste, add some sugar, mix, taste, add sugar.  It's really add powdered sugar to taste.  Chill your whipped cream until you're ready to add them to the puffs.

 When the puffs are done, let them cool off completely.



Once they are completely cooled, cut the tops off, add your whipped cream, and for an added bonus, add a little powdered sugar.

 Oh ya!  That's my kind of dessert.  I can easily eat two....with extra whipped cream!  Enjoy!

Blessings,
Lisa
I link all my projects with some wonderful blogs.  To visit them, go to the {Link Party Love} page found at the top of this page on the {Home} bar.
Also linking to:
Between Naps on the Porch
Savvy Southern Style

No Minimalist Here
The Shabby Creek Cottage

Saved by Love Creations 
Miss Mustard Seed

Funky Junk Interiors
Coastal Charm 

Restore Interiors
Tip 
Junkie









Comments

  1. Cream puffs look so good. I use same recipe to make large eclair ring for Christmas. I'm going to try your method of adding all the eggs beaten together and added at once. Rather than my directions which add them one at a time mixing well after each addition. Same results less work! Thanks again. Ellen

    ReplyDelete
  2. They look scrumptious! I guess one could vary the filling? Maybe add fresh strawberry or banana and caramel?

    Thanks for sharing....Guess who is baking cream puffs this weekend!

    xoxo
    Sumaya

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh my! These look delicious! Thanks for sharing this recipe...I may have to make these this weekend! :~)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Yum! I think that I might just have to try these out, they look delicious!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Yum! They look good and I am hungry now :)
    I would love if you link this to my link party Monday morning!
    XO
    Isabelle
    http://lechateaudesfleurs.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  6. These look delicious and easy ~ my kind of baking. Thanks for the recipe and great photos. :) Have a great day.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Hey! This is great...so glad I saw these! I made cream puffs so many years ago and haven't made any since. I don't know why but they are fun and easy AND such a treat! I'm following along to see what else you're up to!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Holy Moly, I should not have come to this link! I gave up sweets for Lent and this is seriously making me reconsider my decision! They look delicious!

    Stopping by from the link up and so glad I did... YUM!
    Sara
    lifeinthesetimesblog.wordpress.com

    ReplyDelete
  9. These look so delicious and would the perfect little treat to have around! I would love for you to come share this at my linky party this week.
    http://www.bloominghomestead.com/2013/02/crafty-tuesday-link-party-21913.html
    -Marie

    ReplyDelete
  10. Sinful! This is a desert I wouldn't normally think to make - but now I MUST :)
    And they are probably lower in calories that a chocolate brownie, right?

    ReplyDelete
  11. aaawwwww!!!!! love your cream puff!!!!! angie from germany

    ReplyDelete
  12. My mother always made us St. Joseph Cream Puffs! They were always so light and airy! With lots of fresh whipped cream! Thanks for the memory and a great share!

    ReplyDelete
  13. These look delicious!! I have to try making them!! Would you consider sharing these and any other projects you may have at my Pinterest Party?

    http://www.thetaylor-house.com/2013/02/20/pinterest-power-party-7-2.html

    Thanks!
    Chrissy

    ReplyDelete
  14. Looks great! yummy!
    Thanks for sharing!
    Stacey of Embracing Change

    ReplyDelete
  15. Thanks, This really brings back a sweet childhood memeory!! I wrote this one down for its a keeper. I will be making this soon.
    Blessings, Roxy

    ReplyDelete
  16. These look delicious! Thank you for joining Home Sweet Home!
    Sherry

    ReplyDelete
  17. Cream puffs are one of my most favorite things and these look amazing! We'd love for you to link this up at our party! http://www.housewivesofriverton.com/2013/02/riverton-housewives-round-up-54.html

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment