A Crafty Valentine Mantle

Last week, the kids and I were working on Valentine crafts.  We were cutting and crafting and having a great time.  Our valentines hearts came out so cute and I wanted to use them. I decided the mantle was the perfect showcase.
I wanted to decorate a Valentine mantle for them, but I've been making my pennies scream unusually louder lately, so my goal was to decorate our mantle with out spending anything.  I decided to shop completely from home!
Here's our mantle!


I used the candles that are usually out on the mantle no matter what time of year it is.  I love to wrap ribbon around everything since ribbon color can change for the season.  It's one of my go-to decorative trick.  The red ribbon was from Christmas, but red is red and it was perfect for  this Valentine mantle.  My wreath is always up there too, so I just threw some ribbon on it too.


Here, I brought out the rose ball I made a few months ago.
 The roses are made out of crepe paper -you know those party streamers you can buy for about $1. It was originally made for my $7 Spring mantle last year, and it's one of my favorite projects.  You can read how to make one for yourself HERE.

The hearts we made out of construction paper and a few staples.  I found the heart craft on pinterest and decided it looked good enough to make, so we did!


It was pretty easy but the original pin was in a foreign language, so I just followed the pictures.
First, we cut out 8 equal strips from construction paper.
Fold each strip in half like the picture above.  Take your first strip and staple right at the fold.   Then bend the "wings" down and add another strip of paper -staple-repeat.

One staple will complete the bottom of a heart and start a new one.  I hope these pictures make sense.
I stapled the top of each heart to ribbon and hung them from my gold mirror that always stays on the mantle. Fun craft for mom and the kids!

I've had my black iron candle holders forever.  So handy!


I made my flowers out of coffee filters for our Luau Party last summer, and believe it or not, I just spray painted them to get them pink.  You can read about how to make them HERE.


I know it's a little late in the Valentine decorating game, but we all LOVE our crafty mantle.  


I love the fact that we didn't spend a single penny and it came out so cute.

Blessings,
Lisa 

I link all my projects with some wonderful blogs.  To visit them, go to the {Link Party Love} page found at the top of this page on the {Home} bar.
Also linking to:
Between Naps on the Porch
Savvy Southern Style

No Minimalist Here
The Shabby Creek Cottage

Saved by Love Creations 
Miss Mustard Seed

Funky Junk Interiors
Coastal Charm 

Restore Interiors
Tip 
Junkie

Comments

  1. Love your Valentine display! Those heart remind me of what we used to do in elementary school. Very pretty!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I found you by accident..and am so happy I did! I am your newest follower!!! What a wonderful site...especially loving your pantry!

    ReplyDelete
  3. How sweet! I think the mantel looks great and I'm sure the kids are pleased. I just found your blog and so happy I did. I'm a new follower and look forward to reading more.

    Stop by and say hi when you can!

    Pat
    P.S. Do you happen to be in Lewisville, TX? :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Looks great! I love the crepe paper rose! Stopping by from Cornerstone Confessions. ~ Kristen, Celebrate Every Day With Me

    ReplyDelete
  5. Very Pretty! Thanks so much for sharing at Simple & Sweet Fridays.

    Jody

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment