What to do with those Christmas cookie tins?

Well, hello! hello!  I'm back from my little Christmas/New Year vacation.  I didn't go anywhere; I just decided the holiday season calls for hanging time with my family, so that's just what I did.  It was great.  Next week, we are back to our normal (home)school schedule, and I should be back to my normal blogging schedule.  As I grow older, I've come to appreciate those schedules.

Today, I wanted to share something practical.  It has to do with all those plastic cookie tins we get during the holidays.  Did you get any of those?  I did.  And I did last year too.  They sit in the pantry holding my holiday and special occasion baking supplies.  This year, I decided to do something about them, meaning put my own little twist on them.  Want to see?


Can you believe these are plastic cookie tins?  They used to look like this.




Transforming them was super-duper easy, but I must warn you.  Your kids may not be to happy with you if you decide to change them.  My son didn't care for my "up-cycle". I understand.  The snowmen have happy smiles.


 I used two can of spray paint- primer and my favorite metallic finish by Rust Oleum.


Set the lid and base upside down, and spray paint the primer evenly over them.   Be patient, let it dry, and if you need a second coat, take the time to do it.  I did end up using two coats of primer and just one coat of metallic finish.  I decided not to paint the base a different color, just left the primer on as is, but that options is up to you and your own taste.


You can see the inside of my tins are their normal, plastic, red selves.


 Let it dry for at least 24 hours before you use them, and don't set anything on them until they are completely dry.  I made that mistake with one of them.


I LOVE the way they turned out, and they are going to look great in the pantry I'm working on reorganizing and revealing to you all soon.


So what do you  think?  It's an easy transformation that has a big impact, don't you think? You can spray paint them any color to match your own needs/decor, just make sure you use primer.  Primer is the key!
I hope you found this helpful and something you can implement in your own home.

Blessings,
Lisa
I link all my projects with some wonderful blogs.  To visit them, go to the {Link Party Love} page found at the top of this page on the {Home} bar.
Also linking to:
Between Naps on the Porch
Savvy Southern Style

No Minimalist Here
The Shabby Creek Cottage

Saved by Love Creations 
Miss Mustard Seed

Funky Junk Interiors
Coastal Charm 

Restore Interiors
Tip 
Junkie
Common Ground 
 Home Stories A-Z

Labels: ,