Christmas decorating

It's beginning to look a lot like Christmas...in Lewisville.  The mantel is decorated.  The table centerpiece is up.  Our Nativity scene greets all who enter our home, and the outside looks festive!  Today, I'll just be showing you the mantel.  I loved my Rustic Sophistication Fall Mantel so I decided to keep most of the pieces to make a Rustic Christmas Mantel.  I wasn't being lazy, really.  I just love simple solutions when it comes to decorating.  Small changes mean very little time is spent putting it together and even less money is spent!  Woohoo...because we all want a little extra money during Christmas time, right?
 So here it is!


 I used most of the same pieces from the Fall Rustic mantel which looked like this.

Love it.  I kept my big gold mirror, my branch twigs from my back yard, and the candles and clock.


 Ribbon is my go- to decorative tool during Christmas.  You can never have too much ribbon.  I tied bows around the candles.  Easy-peasy.


 These gold leaf holly and red ornament were finds from the Dollar Tree.  The pine cones came from the mountains in California.  We went for a hike one afternoon a few years ago, and there I was collecting all these pine cones for decorating later that year.  Not exactly the core exercise experience it was meant to be.



I have a strange mantel.  It's comes out from the wall rather than being flush against it.  It divides the living room and the kitchen dining area, so decorating it is always a bit of a challenge.  The problem is that we end up putting papers, and toys, and all the other stuff on it that no one in the house seems to know what to do with, except mom.?  I'm constantly cleaning it.  

 Here's another wreath I made.  I used the same wreath from the fall mantel that I picked up at the Dollar Tree and stained. 


 I usually just throw out all my decor tools- ribbon, garland, ornaments, etc...and then just go for it.  I ended up wrapping the garland from the Dollar Tree (again) then wrapped the ribbon in between.  I decided to just add a big bow and add gold ornament through the ribbon.


Then I decided to to hang some gold ornament to the twigs.  I think this is my favorite part.  The red berries I picked up from Hobby Lobby when they were having their 50% off Christmas sale.  I like Hobby Lobby...a lot.


See, there's that awkward fire place.  I think I'll hang some holly on it later; I don't know...maybe.  I'm always changing my mind about that.  


 I love my simple Rustic mantel.  And I love that it was so easy to change up from the fall.  That's my kind of holiday decorating!

Hope you all enjoyed and found something to inspire you for your own home.  Happy Christmas decorating!

Blessings,
Lisa
I link all my projects with some wonderful blogs.  To visit them, go to the {Link Party Love} page found at the top of this page on the {Home} bar.
Also linking to:
Between Naps on the Porch
Savvy Southern Style

No Minimalist Here
The Shabby Creek Cottage

Saved by Love Creations 
Miss Mustard Seed

Funky Junk Interiors
Coastal Charm 

Restore Interiors
Tip 
Junkie

Comments

  1. Hi Lisa, Everything looks wonderful! Thank you for sharing your pretty Christmas decor at the Open House party. Happy Holidays.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Lisa, Thanks for sharing your Christmas Decorated Home at Simple & Sweet Fridays. Everything looks so festive. Love your mantel! Have a Happy Holiday Week!

    Jody

    ReplyDelete
  3. That's a very pretty solution. It certainly looks festive and "new" enough so no one would guess you recycled some elements. Thanks for sharing it.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Your Christmas decorations are very fitting for your home...simple, rustic and beautiful. Thanks for sharing these beautiful Christmas decorations and I'd love to pin it to my board. Thanks!

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment