It was a thrifty weekend!

Hello! Hello!  I woke up this morning to the very best coffee made just for me by my one and only.  That was sweet, but what was even sweeter was the chocolate croissant he brought me from my new favorite French bakery.  It's my birthday, and my family does a little spoiling on me.  I can't protest all their efforts; that just wouldn't be fair.  Later, we'll go out to dinner and I'll open up my munchkins home made gifts and cards. They can't wait to hand them to me, and I look forward to it every year.
My kids are always exited for birthdays, no matter whose we're celebrating.  All week I heard, "Mom, only 6 more days till your birthday!  Only 2 more days now; are you excited?  Only 3 more hours!"  I'm 39 today!  I feel great. I get to stay home with my kids, and I have husband who loves me.  I'm a blessed girl, and I'm very thankful!
Today, I plan to do a little painting, watch a Jane Austen movie, and drink iced coffee.   That's my kind of day!
I've had this thrifty post ready for you all for a while.  Hope you enjoy!

I have found a new favorite thing to do on Friday mornings.  It's going to yard sales.  I haven't done a whole lot of yard sales in the last few years.  I've had the same thoughts toward yard sales as I did toward thrift stores- you can read about that HERE.



My neighborhood is known to have great yard sales, so I finally went out last week to see if all the hype was true.  Turns out- it was.  I'm a little late to the game though.  Summer's almost over and once winter hits, the yard sales say goodbye.  Until them, I'll be out looking for some more amazing deals.  Here's what I found for my home....

For just $3, I have a new favorite lamp for my living room.

I also found these great rugs for my entry way; they were just $1 a piece.  Love them!

And to help me get a little more organized, I found this mail organizer for just $1.  It' new home is my laundry room, and I'm painting it today.

And finally, I didn't plan on buying anything like this, but one of my kids sat on the chair and the guy hosting the yard sale went from $5 to $3 in zero point five seconds.  It wasn't what I was looking for, but I wanted something for my front porch.  For $3, I couldn't resist, and I'm pretty sure I can buy a chair at target to complete the set.   I'm thinking of painting them black.  What do you think?


My kids have found some great deals too like board games, black lights, and an Ipod home station thingy.  They have to spend their own chore money, but we've all come home pretty happy from our yard sale adventures.  Now, I'm a little torn between what's better- yard saling or thrifting?  No matter.  There will always be room in my heart for both!

Have a great weekend everyone!
Blessings,
Lisa

  I link all my projects with some wonderful blogs.  To visit them, go to the {Link Party Love} page found at the top of this page on the {Home} bar.
Also linking to:

Between Naps on the Porch
Savvy Southern Style
No Minimalist Here
The Shabby Creek Cottage
Saved by Love Creations 
Miss Mustard Seed
Funky Junk Interiors
Coastal Charm 
Restore Interiors
Tip  Junkie

You might also like: